At estone we believe in responsible lending to all customers
At Estone we believe in responsible lending to all customers. We will:
- Assess the creditworthiness of the customers to ensure that they have the ability to sustain payments over the term of the Hire Purchase Agreement. This will mean us consulting with a credit reference agency to assess their credit history, and for existing customers this mean will reviewing their payment history with Estone.
- Assess the affordability of the customer by completing a robust income and expenditure assessment to ensure that the customer has an adequate disposable income to make the loan repayments.
- Ensure that we only ever use 30% of the customer’s disposable income as a weekly credit limit.
- Ensure that all loans are underwritten by member of our experienced senior management team.
- Keep existing agreements on the original terms when the customers take out further agreements. We do not modify agreements.
- Ensure that we make available multiple payment methods including cash payment from your home, continuous payment authority (CPA), standing order, and direct debit card payments.
- Ensure that we never charge late payment fees, or administration charges to the customer.
At Estone we believe in supporting our customers. We will:
- Ensure that our product pricing is competitive against other companies in our sector.
- Treat all customers who get into financial difficulty fairly and compassionately, and work with them to provide solutions to their circumstances.
- Exercise forbearance for customers experiencing financial difficulties.
- Provide a published complaints process that is accessible through our website.
- Ensure that the customer is aware of their right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if they have a complaint that has not been resolved to their satisfaction.
At Estone we believe in being open, honest and transparent with all customers. We will:
- Ensure that our prices are fully transparent, providing clear information on the full cost of ownership.
- Where available, provide an optional Retracare plan to cover products longer than the manufactures warranty.
- Provide customers with an Annual Statement for each credit agreement, detailing all of the payments made and outstanding balances.
- Provide all customers with a Payment Card that will be marked on a weekly basis by their local collections agent. Or, if the customer is a debit card payer the card will be marked monthly by the collections agent.
- Ensure that the customer receives a comprehensive adequate explanation process at the pre-contractual stage of the Hire Purchase application.
- Ensure that the customers are informed of the consequences of missing or making reduced payments.
- Ensure that the customer can settle in full or partially their loan any time during the loan term.
- Ensure that the customer is aware that they have the right to withdraw from their loan within 14 days of the contracts execution.